... constantly working out the details...

... constantly working out the details...

Monday, April 17, 2006

NYC pt 1

So.

I just got back from NYC, an afternoon of gallery (and bar) hopping. I saw the whitney. (more on that later) Sad that i missed the david smith retrospective at the guggenheim (sp). There was lots of good art, and lots of crappy stuff (i might still just not understand art too well) Chelsea piers were as always fun to visit, but enough to drive me crazy at the same time. so many hipsters to bag on, so little time.

I will say one thing that has always bothered me, is the trend of not labelling artwotk in a gallery. there is a shiek practice of hanging work on the wall, and simply numbering it according to what is like a slide reference sales sheet, that you have to ask the attendant to look at, who usually gives you a hairy eyball if you dont look as though you actually intend to drop 10,000 $ on a fucking photo. fuck that.

any way, aside from the trangent, there was some cool cool stuff there. here are some pics from Fred Wilsons "My Echo, My Shadow and Me" At pacewildenstein. It was probably my favorite that I saw while i was there, but it came down on fri so you might have missed it. either way...




Right on, also a big thanks to Blaize at caren golden fine art for his personal tour, as well as a sneak peek at the upcoming exhibits. The Show at the gallery looks great.here is a link


Lastly my good friend lorna Sent me the invitation to art farm2006 a big two day art festival on a farm in NC, complete with exhibts, music, demos, booze, the whole niner. Her paintings are great too (i have two of them) so i cant wait!

Other than that there isnt much more to talk about.

coming soon, I will be bagging on myspace, taking of personal history with myspace, and finnally caving in and joining in on the fun/ fucking dorkieness of it all.

No comments: