... constantly working out the details...

... constantly working out the details...

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

the gap widens

So that gap is going to stretch into January. (Drag) I am having a show At kaiku gallery in February so we are doing a low temp melt in december for bronze and aluminum. The school wishes to maintain resin bonded sand which is cool, I have tracked down sand, (expensive) chemicals (also expensive) and Made flasking materials and other tools from scrap wood and metal lying around. I am going to buy a bag ofbentonite in december for green sand to meet the environmental criteria. During the down time, I have been up to some other nonsense, taking a play from the Stuart Kent Playbook and Carving some wood (a first for me) and helping some students disassemble a car for their steel project. It is worth mentioning that the work is entirely theirs. I was just the metals lecturer. It was lots of fun helping them though.

No comments: