... constantly working out the details...

... constantly working out the details...

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl, bowl cuts, super cuts

The Goodyear blimp is gone. But I think Budweiser might be stepping up to fill the shoes. The superbowl an incredible marketing scheme. People tune in just for the commercials... That is even a Scene worthy excuse for watching the game in some circles. It even has advertisements for itself. It is near 6 hours of A over romanticizing a garish sport (comparing it to chess, or art) and cleverly separating you from your money. At the end the coach was crying over the trophy. The last time I cried over a trophy I was no older than six. The last time I cried over something stupid was a haircut when I was around twelve. I had been trying to grow it out long like Kurt Kobain, but My mom made me go to the super cuts. I sat in the chair and cried like a chickenshit as the hairdresser lopped off my sweet sweet bowl cut. She thought that something was wrong with me. That week I shaved my head as a result of a bet and realized that bowl cuts were nowhere near as cool as I thought they were.

No comments: