... constantly working out the details...

... constantly working out the details...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Reception food

I have spent the last week eating tiny turkey sandwiches for breakfast lunch and dinner. It has been great eating three meals a day. I keep taking the leftovers from funeral receptions. I have been to two different funerals this week. One was for my grandmother, the other was a family friend who shot himself in the face. The funerals are weird because it has been the same group of family and friends at both functions, people that I haven't seen in a long time, and had a lot to catch up on and people that I see all the time and have nothing to talk about with. I made some plans to hang out with them outside of graveyards and funeral parlors. The presence of death hardly affected me, I didn't cry, which surprises me, because I am usually a baby about these things. Although, when my grandmother died I was thinking about how a person has no control over his own mortality. Then Johnny shot himself. Perhaps we have more control than we need.

No comments: