... constantly working out the details...

... constantly working out the details...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Hirshhorn Is not a beach, and I don't like the carnival

I find myself in the courtyard of the hirshhorn museum, in a 40's era farmerjohn bathing suit sunbathing with a group of performance artists. Smithsonian security is telling us that what we are doing is against the code, ( what code, was never indicated) Eventually we were asked to leave. It seems odd that an art museum would turn away art, (not really) but we left, and I realized that I am not dedicated to art enough to go to jail for someone else's art.

It was reassuring that the public took interest in the project, and as my first trip into the world of performance art, it was silly, but worth it in the end. I do wish that someone had told me more about the concept, I found it hard to understand a performance I was in, and didn't understand. I hope that my performance was not hurt by misconception.

No comments: