... constantly working out the details...

... constantly working out the details...

Sunday, June 11, 2006

This Is the story of seven sculptors, picked to live in a house...

The story of Franconia Sculpture Park Where I am spending the next few weeks. The park is run by a sculptor named John Hock, just north of the twin cities in Minnesota. The work is good and the beer flows like, well, beer. There are other sculptors here, from all over the country and even the world, (I don't want to start name dropping yet) and it is good to work with people who are excited about sculpture. I am working here as an intern, along with 6 others (some part time, some full time) and the job is rewarding and enjoyable so far, as I was told it would be by the people who put me up to it, Vince Donarski and Ben Lock, two other talented sculptors from Minnesota and New York respectively.

Any way the park runs like a mix between a studio, gallery and hippie farm commune. (SP?) We cook and clean as a unit, kind of like summer camp. There was a panel dialogue last night with work from two talented sculptors, Mike Mcgillis from Michigan, and Michael Bigger, who taught at MCAD. The evening went smoothly and I can say that the company was as pleasant as the work.

No photos yet, but with any luck they will be posted soon. I hope to get some of the park to document some of my favorite pieces here.

No comments: